- 1 pint fresh strawberries quartered
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cub vanilla nonfat yogurt
- ¼ cup nonfat sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon grated orange peel
- Whole Strawberries and fresh mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 pint of strawberries, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix well. Let mixture
stand until the sugars dissolve and strawberries release their juices, stirring occasionally, aobut 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, sour cream, and orange peel. Mix well.
- Spoon one-third of berry mixture into a 4 glasses dividing evenly. Top each with 2 tablespoons of yogurt
mixture. Repeat with another layer of berry mixture and yogurt mixture.
- Spoon remaining berry mixture over yogurt, dividing evenly. Top each with 1 tablespoon of yogurt mixture.
Garnish with whole berries and mint sprigs. Serve immediately.
Ooey Gooey Strawberry French Toast
- Bread cut into 1" cubes
- 16 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Strawberries
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups half & half
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 ½ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Orange Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 ½ Cup Strawberries
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Butter
- Butter Baking dish. Arrange half of the bread cubes in dish. Top with Cream cheese and strawberries. Add
remaining bread cubes
- Whisk together eggs, half & half, and syrup. Pour over bread mixture.
- Let soak 1 hour in refrigerator or overnight.
- Bring to room temprature . Bake at 350° for 30 minutes covered with aluminum foil.
- Remove foil and bake 20 to 30 minutes more.
"It's like a Vitamin Supplement in a glass!"
Add all ingredients to blender and puree until smooth. Serves 2.
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup not-from-concentrate orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey or cane sugar